Thursday, December 10, 2009

I had unprotected sex while on birth control and I'm a few days late but the test says negative

I've been on Yaz for almost three months now. Three weeks ago, we didn't use a condom. I got paranoid because I was late taking a pill or two the week before, so I also took Plan B. I took a pregnancy test the week after and then again a week after that and both came out negative.



I'm a few days late getting my period and I was wondering if maybe taking the Plan B threw my schedule off or something. Should I be worried and take another test or go to the doctor?



I had unprotected sex while on birth control and I'm a few days late but the test says negative- wrong?getting late



taking a pill late once or twice might lower the effectiveness by maybe .5%. there was no need to take the plan B pill, and now your body is overloaded with hormones, making your period late. the pill is highly effective, and protects against pregnancy even when you don't use a condom. if it didn't, most women wouldn't bother taking it. the test is correct - you're not pregnant. but don't mess around with plan b. it's for emergencies only - like when a condom breaks and you're not on the pill.



I had unprotected sex while on birth control and I'm a few days late but the test says negative- wrong?regal theater opera theater



sometimes when you have sex i can make you late one time i was a week late. the only way the test would be wrong is it could say prego when your really not
First off there was no need to take Plan B whatsoever because you were on the pill. The pill is 98% effective meaning the chances of you getting pregnant is VERY slim.



HOWEVER, because your hormones are used to something and you interfered Plan B, thats probably why you are late on your period. It's adding unnecessary hormones.



You'll be fine...but the only thing you should be worrying about with having sex without a condom is STDs...because chances are you won't get pregnant.
take another test then go to the docter if it says no



good luck



=]=]=]=]



=[]=[][]=[]=
You were correct to take the Plan B since you had taken a couple pills late the previous week. Birth control pills are 98% effective ONLY when taken correctly ie same time, not missing them, etc.



Most likely it is the Plan B that threw you into a loop. Plan B is a VERY high dose hormone pill so you have more hormones in you than usual. Give it a another week and if still nothing, I would contact your ob/gyn.
Girl you definitely need to know what it is that you are doing to your body before you do them. There was no reason to take Plan B. You are on the pill! There are instructions and pill websites that you can refer to when you forget to take a pill or when you take a pill a little late. From now on use a condom, it will definitely save you the trouble and the obvious paranoia that you are experiencing. Go see the doctor, because nobody on this site can tell you what happens now that you have intereferred with your pills by taking Plan B. You still need to be able to continue taking your pills effectively and your doctor can give you your answers.



Also, a pregnancy test will not help you when you use it two weeks into your month of pill taking. I hope this is making sense to you. Pregnancy tests are only accurate if you use them AFTER you know that your period is late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter