Saturday, December 5, 2009

How can I find out if I'm pregnant when I have symptoms and I'm late but HTP's come o

I'm a couple days late for my period and I've been on a steady 21 days cycle for 3 months now. I have a few symptoms of pregnancy like lower abdominal cramping that has been occurring for a few weeks now, my hips hurt like they are being pushed apart from each other, and the color around my nipples is getting darker. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex during the days I was most fertile and ovulating, but I've taken 5 pregnancy tests and they have all come out negative. What does this mean? Why am I late, experiencing symptoms and not getting a positive result. The suspense is killing me. I know that the test says your HCG levels need to be high enough to register, but how long could that take? Is my best bet to go to the doctor at the end of the week if I still haven't gotten my period and have them do a blood test?



How can I find out if I'm pregnant when I have symptoms and I'm late but HTP's come out negative 5 times?!?hollywood theater



The symptoms you described are pregnancy symptoms, but they're also the symptoms of a woman late for her period and freaking out wondering why. Believe me, I know. ;)



You're only a couple of days late, but I'd see your doctor if you're confident that you're really late. He or she can give you a blood test to determine if you are pregnant or not by measuring the quantity of pregnancy hormone in your blood. This is called a quantitative hCG test. It will tell you for sure if you are pregnant or not and you can have it done right now if you want because you are already late for your period and your levels only have to be greater than 2 to show pregnancy (whereas with a urine test, they have to be 25 or more). If you aren't pregnant, you should ask your doctor to help you figure out what's keeping your period away.



The bigger question, though, is whether or not you're trying to get pregnant. If you are, you're likely to have trouble. A 21-day cycle is not really long enough, usually, for your body to properly ready itself for a pregnancy and then give a fertilized egg long enough to implant. I'd suggest charting your temperature to make sure you're ovulating. I also suspect that if you are ovulating, you have a short luteal phase, where the fertilized egg doesn't have enough time to implant before you start your period, which can be corrected with medication. You should really see your doctor if you are trying to get pregnant.



If you are not trying to get pregnant, stop having unprotected sex! There are about a zillion birth control methods, and if you don't want a baby, you should use one. I'm not trying to be harsh, but there's no reason to be having unprotected sex when you don't want a baby. If you think birth control is expensive, try raising a child. You can probably get birth control free or at relatively low cost at your local health department or Planned Parenthood.



Good luck, and I hope you get the outcome you want!



How can I find out if I'm pregnant when I have symptoms and I'm late but HTP's come out negative 5 times?!?opera.com opera theater



It sounds unlikely that you're pregnant but there might be something else up - some hormonal changes you're experiencing can be linked to taking a new pill, or it could be that you have some sort of infection. In either case, you're best off going to the doctors as they can tell you for certain one way or the other.
See your doctor.
I would go to the doctor and have them do the blood test. Urine tests aren't reliable in all cases.
i guess the most important thing is..how late are you?...sometimes if you are not late enough the test may not result positive. However, these hpt are very accurate and it is unlikely that they would say your not when you are....however, the most conclusive test is a blood test...that is what i would recommend.
Dear, I had this confusion . I assumed that I was preggo, but 3 HPNs took me to the doctor. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. So better get urself checked to avoid any problems..
No one is on a completely normal cycle. I did research on webmd and discovered that abnormal cycles are the norm.



The first period usually starts about the middle of puberty, at about eleven or twelve years of age. The first few periods are sporadic, and it's not uncommon for periods to be irregular for a couple years. A woman continues having her period until she's about forty-eight or forty-nine years of age, at which point the period starts to get sporadic again, tapering off as menopause sets in. Few cycles are absolutely twenty-eight days. Where does that number come from? Twenty-eight is only an average representing the cycle length of thousands of women added together and divided by the number of women. It is therefore a statistical average, not a figure that refers to the typical number of days in a woman's cycle. Menstrual cycles range anywhere from twenty to forty days, and the bleeding lasts anywhere from two to eight days, with four to six days being the average.



It's a good sign that you took 5 HPT and they all came negative. I think that I used the EPT and I think you can take that upto 4 days BEFORE your expected to recieve your period. Of course take a blood test at the drs which even then isn't 100% accurate.
Okay, taking 5 HPTs in a "couple days" will not do you any good. The levels of HCG don't increase that fast. Give it a couple of days between retesting, and follow the directions on the package exactly.



There are lots of things that could cause your period to be a few days late. One of them could be that you ARE pregnant, but since you have a short cycle, your HCG levels aren't yet very high... the "You can take this test as early as the first day of your missed period" thing on the package assumes that you have a 28-day cycle. But there are dozens of other things that could cause a few-day blip in your cycle, especially if you've only been steady for three months.



So what to do in the meantime? If you're planning on staying pregnant, take care of your health and lay off any booze, cigs, or drugs until your period starts or you get a diagnosis. If, in a couple weeks, you still haven't gotten your period or a positive pregnancy test, yes, call up your doctor. Make sure that they know your situation before you go in... many doctors just do the exact same pregnancy test that you can take at home, which would be pointless in your case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter