Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can i make the people i work for pay me extra for paying me late?

this is the second time this has happened to me. I've only been there with that temp agency for a month.



the temp. agency that i work for did not pay me this Friday i called them Friday morning after i noticed my check had not been direct deposited she said that they did not receive my time card for that week. even though they received the other guys time card and he got his check. well i had fax my time card to them again and now I'm not getting paid until Monday. if i can prove that they got the fax through the confirmation number will they have to pay me anything extra for getting paid late? my bills that i was going to pay Friday after i got off work are now late.or even if i didn't have bills to pay would they have to pay me anything? if they lost the fax that i sent them it should be their fault right?



if i had a bill that was being automatically taken out of my account and it caused my account to overdraw would they have to pay me for that?



well thanks for anyone that answers



Can i make the people i work for pay me extra for paying me late?ms stress



Actually, they have up to 2 wks to pay you without consequences. Your overdrawn fees are your resposibility.



Can i make the people i work for pay me extra for paying me late?home theater system opera theater



Hon, me thinks thee needs to seek other employment. No, they do not have to pay you more because they paid you late and they do not have to pay your overdrawn fees, no matter what.
It honestly depends on the wording in your employment contract.



There is no way they are liable for any bank fees you incurred because you have an automatic deposit. Liability for damages normally ends with direct action/reaction by the party. In other words, they didn't set up the direct draft, so they didn't cause the fee.



If you're concerned after reading your hire contract that you are in the right, sit down with them and negotiate in good faith for what you are out. Don't ask for the moon and lose your job! :)
IMO, after the first incident I would have been more wary than to keep working for this establishment anymore. Whilst I doubt that anything can be done regarding the late payment.....your chance to follow it up is also in doubt, inform them the next time this happens,Labor Standards is going to be notified and they can get you your money.(They will do it, by shutting down other money sources for that business which means they will have more than 1 individual on their backside). Your rights are protected first thru labor standards.(They carry a BIG stick)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter