Thursday, December 10, 2009

Age 42, regular periods, husband has vasectomy, why was I two weeks late with my period?

I have regular periods like clockwork. About 8 mos ago I didn't get my period, I waited and waited and even took a pregnancy test which was negatave. 13 days past due, I finally got my period, which was normal flow. All periods have been on track since that time.



Here it is now, I was due for my period on the 7th so I'm running late again...it's the 13th now.



My husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago, and no, I don't have extramarital sex.



What are reasons for very late periods in otherwise healthy females?



I am not getting any other signs of menopause.... but maybe it has something to do with it???



Age 42, regular periods, husband has vasectomy, why was I two weeks late with my period?symphony



Menopause a great possibility. My mother also had the same clock work periods and they started to be come irregular at about your age. It was just a once in a while thing and it took a few more years for the other symptoms to start (hot flashes, GROUCHY, etc.)



Age 42, regular periods, husband has vasectomy, why was I two weeks late with my period?performing arts center opera theater



While unlikely it is possible that his vasectomy failed. I would go see the doctor for complete physical they should be able to give you information.
Some women start going thru menopause early. Your body could be doing that. Also, a vasectomy doesn't always work. Sometimes the body repairs itself, and you can get pregnant again. Since this is the second time you've been going thru this, I would think it's the first answer. If your hormones are off, that can also cause a late period. Chasteberry is a great herb for balancing your hormones.
if you are constantly worring about bring late that can make you late. Stress plays a big part in your cycle. you also might be in the beginning stated of menpause. if it bothers you that much go talk to you doctor.
It seems either of two things -



You are pregnant or you are starting menopause. I started in my early 30s %26amp; didn't have any noticeable symptoms at first. My cycle was always crazy so I didn't think about it much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter